International theoretical and methodological seminar XII/ International competition of young scientists ІХ “Imaginary, archetypes and public administration” within the framework of the Imaginary and Everyday Life International Symposium: Theoretical Approaches to Gilbert Durand’s works; September 22-24 (date moved from COVID-19), 2021; France, Ukraine
The Department of Public Policy and Political Analysis of the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine invites scientists to participate in the annual scientific events of the Ukrainian School of Archetypes (USA): International Theoretical and Methodological Seminar and the International Competition for Young Scientists IX on the topic: Imaginary, Archetypes and Public Administration.
The annual scientific events of the USA 2021 will be held within the framework of the Franco-Ukrainian International Symposium: Imaginary and Everyday Life: Theoretical Approaches to the Works of Gilbert Durand, organized by the European Imaginary Notebooks Journal, Center for Modernity and Everyday Life and the LERSEM-IRSA EA4584 Laboratory of Sociology of Paul Valéry University Montpellier 3 from the French side; and Ukrainian School of Archetypes (USA) of the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine, All-Ukrainian Assembly of Doctors of Public Administration, Institute of Economics and Forecasting of the NAS of Ukraine, Institute of Social and Political Psychology of the NAPS, Ukrainian Technological Academy, and Ukrainian Society for Social Innovation from the Ukrainian side.
Professor Gilbert Durand would have turned 100 on May 1, 2021.
That is why the journal, which he founded in 1988 with Michel Maffesoli and that it has been called Cahiers européenne de l’imaginaire (European Imaginary Notebooks) (CNRS Éditions), since 2009; Center for Modern and Everyday Studies, the Ukrainian School of Archetypes of the National Academy for Public Administration under the President of Ukraine and the LERSEM-IRSA EA4584 sociological laboratory of decided to honour his memory and deepen his legacy.
To this end, a conference will be held on May 3 and 5, 2021, in two places of particular importance to Gilbert Durand: (Louis Liard Hall), where he received his higher education after the war as a student of Gaston Bachelard and where his closest student Michel worked for thirty years. Maffesoli, to whom he entrusted the management of the Center for the Research Imaginary (CRI), and Paul Valéry University Montpellier 3, where the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities is located, which undoubtedly deals most with the sociology of the imaginary.
This is the Imaginary and Everyday Life: Theoretical Approaches to the Work of Gilbert Durand International Symposium, dedicated to the study of Gilbert Durand’s work and its impact on the social and humanitarian sciences of our time.
The organizers hope that this conference will honour Gilbert Durand and his contribution to social development, attracting participants from all continents, all generations, and various scientific and educational disciplines.
The main theme of the International Symposium, which covers both the essence of Gilbert Durand’s work and the work of his followers, including CEAQ, LERSEM-IRSA, Cahiers européenne de l’imaginaire and the Ukrainian School of Archetypes, is Imaginary, Archetypes and Public Administration, which, will be the topic of the XII TMS-2021 and the reports of the participants of the annual events of the USA.
Traditionally, as part of the annual events of the USA will take place IX MKMN-2021 – International Competition of Young Scientists on the same topic: Imaginary, Archetypes and Public Administration.
Undergraduates, graduate students, PhD and Candidates of Sciences (PhD) under the age of 35 from all scientific and educational specialities are invited to participate in the competition.
The International Competition Commission of Experts from Kazakhstan, Poland, the USA, Ukraine, France will determine the best works of the contestants, which will be awarded with incentive cash prizes:
1st prize: $ 200
2nd prize: $ 150
3rd prize: $ 100
The software framework of the scientific forum in 2021 will determine the issues of public administration, the solution of which will be carried out according to the methodology of the French anthropologist and sociologist Gilbert Durand.
The purpose of the event: to unite based on Gilbert Durand’s methodology interdisciplinary efforts of representatives of social and humanitarian knowledge around the solution of theoretical and practical problems of public administration.
Date: April 26 – May 10, 2021 (including an internship at Paul Valéry University Montpellier 3, the Loire castles and Normandy pre- and post-conference tours).
Venue: May 3 – Paris, Sorbonne University; May 5 – Montpellier, Paul Valéry University Montpellier 3 (France).
Working languages: Ukrainian, French.
Registration fee: missing.
Travel and accommodation expenses will be borne by the participants of the conference or the organization that sends them. Paul Valéry University Montpellier 3 is ready to provide invitations for participants who expect support from their home institution.
➢ FOR PARTICIPATION IN XII TMS-2021, THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED:
- Application for participation: until October 20, 2020 to Eduard Afonin’s e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ukrainian-English manuscript of the article + Photo: until December 1, 2020 to Eduard Afonin’s e-mail address (email@example.com).
Requirements for the design of manuscripts of articles are standard, see below. Articles are submitted in attachment to the letter (Filename: Surname_ТМС-2021.doc)
Quality of portrait photo: Size: 3.3 x 4.6 cm, Resolution: 600 dpi (over 500 KB), send as a separate file (File name: Surname_photo-2020.jpeg)
➢ FOR PARTICIPATION IN ІХ MKMN-2021, THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED:
- Application for participation: until October 20, 2020 to Eduard Afonin’s e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Ukrainian-English-Franch manuscript of the article + Photo: until December 1, 2020to Eduard Afonin’s e-mail address (email@example.com).
Requirements for the design of manuscripts of articles are standard, see below. Articles are submitted in attachment to the letter (Filename: Surname_MKMN-2021.doc)
Quality of portrait photo: Size 3.3 x 4.6 cm, Resolution: 600 dpi (over 500 KB), send as a separate file (File name: Surname_photo-2020.jpeg).
➢ PLANNED TO BE PUBLISHED BY
1. The European Imaginary Notebooks French Journal (Cahiers européenne de l’imaginaire) will publish in French reports of participants from Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brazil, Great Britain, Italy, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Poland, Russia, the USA, Ukraine, France, the Czech Republic, etc. countries by the competitive selection of applications for 10-minute thematic reports at with their subsequent publication in the journal.
The application must be submitted by October 15, 2020 to the International Organizing Committee of the Symposium (firstname.lastname@example.org) and at the same time to the Ukrainian side (email@example.com). It should contain the title of the report, surname and name of the author, the name of the department and the organization he/she represents, contact information (e-mail address), abstract (thesis) up to 4000 characters without spaces in Word format (Typeface: Times New Roman; Size: 12; Line spacing: 1.0) and a brief biographical note.
To perform French translation, you can use the services of a translation agency at a wholesale price UAH 115 per translation page (1800 characters). Responsible in the translation agency is Oksana Mostovenko: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, mob. phone: +38050 257 2671.
2. Issue of a professional collection of the B category: Public Management in Specialty 281 (Public Management and Administration). The collection is published in two languages: in printed version: in English, and an electronic version: in Ukrainian (https://vadnd.org.ua/ua/collection/).
Payment for publication: UAH 500 + the cost of the English Ukrainian translation is UAH 95 per translation page.
3. Issue of the professional journal of the B category: Ukrainian Society in Specialties 051 (Economics) and 054 (Sociology). Articles are published in Ukrainian or English (optional). Payment for the publication is free of charge.
4. Collection of scientific papers of the winners and the best authors of the International Competition of Young Scientists IX will publish the articles in Ukrainian. Payment: free of charge.
➢ XII TMS-2021 PROGRAM
The full text of the Program will be developed and distributed upon receipt of thematic applications from the USA participants of annual events (until January 1, 2021).
The estimated cost of Ukraine (Uzhhorod) – France – Ukraine bus tour: EUR 650
Basic elements of the Program:
- The Loire castles and Normandy pre-conference and post-conference bus sightseeing tour, which will take place from April 26 to May 10, 2021 in France.
- Meeting of Ukrainian participants of the Symposium with the diplomatic corps of the Embassy of Ukraine in the French Republic: May 2, 2021.
- Symposium at the Sorbonne University and the University of Montpellier 3: May 3-5, 2021.
- The Imaginary Archetypes and Public Administration International Theoretical and Methodological Seminar XII.
- The Imaginary, Archetypes and Public Administration International Competition of Young Scientists IX
- The Anthropological Imaginary Structures Presentation of the French-Ukrainian translation of the basic work of Gilbert Durand.
- Internship of Ukrainian participants of the Symposium and their partners at Paul Valéry University Montpellier 3.
➢ UKRAINIAN SCHOOL OF ARCHETYPES AT THE INTERNET:
1. The USA publications (Library of Archetypes), available at
2. Website of the Ukrainian School of Archetypes: http://usarch.org/#/
➢ REQUIREMENTS for the structure of the scientific article and its design
1. The structure of the scientific article
Author’s full name, scientific degree, academic title, position, place of work and her postal address, telephone and e-mail address, the title of the article, and extended annotation (1800-2000 printed characters with spaces) and keywords.
This information is provided in separate blocks in Ukrainian, Russian and English before the article. The quality of the English translation of the annotation to the article is determined by the editorial board of the journal.
The following aspects of the article should be distinguished:
- Formulation of the problem (description of the analysed problem in general and its connection with important scientific or practical tasks);
- Analysis of recent publications on the issues and identification of previously unsettled parts of the general problem;
- Purpose of the article;
- Presentation of the main research material with full objectivation of the received scientific results;
- Conclusions and prospects for further researches;
- References: not less than 10 positions in the original languages.
2. Design of a scientific article
- Names of structural parts of the article are highlighted in bold;
- Link to sources of materials used, factual and statistical data are required;
- Secondary citation: not allowed;
- Used in formulas: common characters only;
- таблицы, рисунки, графики должны быть пронумерованы, иметь название и продублированы отдельным файлом
- Tables, figures, graphs must be numbered, named, and duplicated in a separate file; − Format: A4; Set: Times New Roman; Size #: 14; Line spacing 1.5; Page parameters (shores): 2 cm on all sides;
- The volume of the article: 20K printed characters with spaces.
More details about the requirements can be found on the website of the following journals: Scientific Perspectives (http://vadnd.org.ua/ua/terms-and-conditions-of-publication/) and Ukrainian Society (https://ukr socium.org.ua/uk/dlja-avtoriv/vimogi-do-oformlennja-statej/).
Until October 20, 2020 (to Eduard Afonin, e-mail: email@example.com)
Eduard Afonin, Founder and Academic Supervisor of the Ukrainian School of Archetypes, Member of the Scientific Committee of the Symposium (Ukraine), +38 067 2444659, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Maffesoli, Founder and Director of the Paris Center for the Study of Modernity and Everyday Life, Scientific Supervisor of the Symposium (France), +33 6 62 03 26 76, e-mail: email@example.com
Excursion program “Elegant France”
Route: Uzhgorod (Ukraine) – Kosice (Slovakia) – Prague (Czech Republic) – Paris (France) – castles of Normandy (France) – castles of Loire (France) – Lyon (France) – Montpellier (France) – Marseille (France) – Nice (France) –
lake Heviz (Hungary) – Uzhgorod (Ukraine)
Check-out dates: 04/26/2020 – 05/10/2020
12 nights / 13 days + 2 nights train
Departure from Kiev 04/26/2020